Being an author is being in charge of your own personal insane asylum. ~Terri Guillemets

Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Laundry Whispers

What an odd title for a blog.  I know that's what you are thinking.  A blog about laundry?!?  How much can you really say about laundry right?  Wrong, on both counts.  This is not a blog about laundry first and foremost.  Though I could hit up Pinterest right now and have enough tips and hints to carry a post a week for a good long while.  And really, depending on the angle you take a lot can be said about laundry.  Once upon a time I did it.  I wrote prolifically about laundry.  Lazy, good for nothing, procreating laundry.  On a forum site with many of my now dear friends as my trapped readers and co-miserators.  That is what started me down the road to blogging.  And gave me the nickname The Laundry Whisperer.  I even created a festival centered around laundry back in the day.

Those posts in that forum is what started me back to the notion of putting words out there.  Not that I was a writer.  Not that I aspired to be a writer.  But just gave me the prod I needed to re-examine my relationship with the written word.  I've toyed with words since I was a child.  I started my reading career at the ripe old age of 4.  And still enjoy reading to this day.  I don't know when I first figured out I could tell a story by putting crayon to paper.  I just know I did it.  And then I did it off and on until sometime out of college.  Then I stopped.  The people stopped visiting my head, or more likely I stopped listening to them.  Then I started back.  It was random.  Sharing my weird, sometimes off the wall random, thoughts.  My Blonde Life in a Brunette World.  Life is Like a Roll of Toilet Paper.  I told you it was off the wall and completely random.  And of course, tales of laundry.  Laundry that was unwilling to wash, dry, fold and put itself away.  Laundry that multiplied itself while I was at work.  The dogs, the cows. Driving 20 miles to work.  All things I 'wrote' about.

I can't get those days back.  I can't get those thought processes back.  My writing style has changed since those days.  And while I miss that time I don't want to go back to that time.  I would however, love to have that same camaraderie back.  And that same ability to have deep weird random thoughts.  And the ability to translate those thoughts into words. 

Laundry Whispers is my personal foray back into the idea of writing.  A place to share some writing bits and bobbles.  A place to share some thought process (that I don't share on my other mainstream blog).  Possibly even some guest bloggers now and again.  A place to explore the writer I was, the writer I am, and the writer I may someday become.

Welcome to the Whispers~

No comments:

Post a Comment